A New Type Of Art For Me

For you guys that didn’t know, I absolutely love manga and anime. As I’ve shared before, one of my favorite anime/manga series ever is “Fairy Tail”. Recently though, I’ve started a manga that my older brother actually showed me. Its is called “Magi: The Labyrinth Of Magic”, and it is based in a world that looks an awful lot like ancient Arabia. It talks about a kid named Aladdin, who is… hmm… I’ll go with “special”. He meets another boy named Alibaba. That’s the setting.

Anyways, when I started reading Magi, I got this urge to draw manga. I don’t know why. I think it came at the perfect time, because in our tech class we have genius hour. I already talked about how the project works in one of my older posts. I went to twitter and started following a bunch of manga artists, either part time or full time. Some of my favorite artists out of them were these people (not in any particular order): @BlckMangaArtist, @Musiriam, @kmccaigue, @Hannarrawr, and @WhytManga.

These guys, in my opinion, are great artists, and you should definitely go check them out and support them, ’cause they helped me an I hope they can help you. When I asked them for help they gave me a lot of tips and really helped me get better as an artist. I asked @Musiriam for help on improving my eyes when I draw, and he answered with a very useful diagram illustrating how to draw eyes. I hope, an I think (not to be cocky), that these tips will be able to help me make my project presentation look better.

Apart from the people that I mentioned earlier, there were a lot more of accounts that I followed, and asked for tips. This wasn’t an easy process. I had follow the person, add them to a twitter list that I had created, establish a connection (tweet at them, like their images and posts, etc.), and then I could ask the question. But this was a good experience, because I met some people that I will follow probably to the end of time. Some of the people that I messaged actually followed me back, including @Musiriam. Unfortunately, I was dumb enough not to continue the conversation with anyone of the people that I followed or talked to.

I really am happy that I got to meet the people that I did, and it was really a great opportunity. Their tips will really be helpful in the future, and if I ever need help in a project involving drawing, or in art class, I know who to call. Lastly, I want to thank every single person that ever helped me in this project, and… yeah, thank you. On that note, I think that I can end this. Bye.